Golf Vancouver Island is a cooperative marketing organization and golf vacation booking service.
Golf Vancouver Island (GVI) is the recognized leader of innovative golf destination marketing in the province, complete with a central reservation service for booking golf vacations on the Vancouver Island Golf Trail.
Golf Vancouver Island promotes Vancouver Island as a unique golf vacation destination through cooperative marketing initiatives, garnering an estimated 10,298,000 impressions for our partners throughout the 2014 season by mid-August 2014. GVI has a twenty-year history, however it gained considerable momentum in 2004 with an infusion of marketing resources from the advent of the Golf Trail Card. GVI is a recognized industry leader, receiving Tourism Vancouver Island’s ”Innovator of the Year” award in 2012, “Power of Partners” award in 2009 and “Raising the Bar” and “Multi-faceted Advertising” awards in 2005. While sales through our central reservations office have remained relatively flat this past year, the Board of Directors and Contractors have engaged in careful planning, incentive development and targeted messaging directed toward reducing travel barriers to Vancouver Island.
Direct Benefits for all Golf Vancouver Island Partners include
• Enhanced full page profile on www.golfvancouverisland.ca.
• Advertisement in both the print version of the Vancouver Island Golf Vacations Guide, with an annual distribution of 25,000 copies, as well as an electronic version that has become increasing popular for downloading.
• Inclusion of your facility in packages offered through GVI’s Central Reservations golf vacation one-stop-shop booking service.
• Inclusion of your facility in the website’s online golf vacation planning and quote engine, as well as the option to participate in Stay and Play Getaway specials and Last Minute Golf Club Offers.
• Access to the Members’ Clubhouse section of the website that includes a periodic newsletter, upcoming events, monthly sales statistics, a comment forum and a list of the Board of Directors.
• Rate protection with Golf Vancouver Island’s Best Rate Guarantee. In an effort to respond to the increasingly competitive marketplace, Golf Vancouver Island will guarantee the best possible rate by booking with the Golf Vancouver Island Central Reservations office. Should a better rate be found within seven days of booking with us, let us know and we will match it.
(Rate-match guarantee applies to rates for identical rooms, tee times and vehicles at the same hotel, golf courses and rental car companies. Rate-match does not apply to advertorial programs like Groupon.)
• Investment of $235,000 per annum in marketing Vancouver Island as a golf destination, that is leveraged with an additional $40,000 through the Tourism Partners Program administered by Tourism Vancouver Island to total $275,000.
• Creation of a Golf Vancouver Island loyalty program and repeat clientele strategy.
• Professional representation at 2015 Consumer Golf Shows, including: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle, as well as Los Angeles and Dallas/Fort Worth through the British Columbia Golf Marketing Alliance.
• Print advertising in various golf publications, such as: Score Golf Magazine, Inside Golf, Pacific Northwest Golfer, The Vancouver Sun, The Vancouver Province, North Shore News, Peace Arch News, Calgary Sun, Calgary Herald, Business in Calgary, Salt, Black Press, Times Colonist, and the Vancouver Island Vacation Guide.
• Online presence through Search Engine Marketing with Google Adwords, Bing & Yahoo Pay-per Click programs; content syndication and advertising on: scoregolf.com, pgatour.com, golfcanada.com, travelgolf.com, worldgolf.com, travel.bc.ca, hellobc.com/golf, bcadventure.com, bctravel.com, victoriabc.com, tourismvictoria.com, vancouverisland.travel, albertagolf.org and facebook.com as well as listings in numerous other directories.
• Radio advertising on the Lower Mainland and Calgary.
• Global television advertising in BC and Alberta.
• Electronic newsletter distribution to 19,000 subscribers.
• Social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ as well as Golf Vancouver Island’s Blog.
• Editorial and destination features on Golf Vancouver Island through media relations activities including independent visit coordination, press relations and on going media communication.
• Participation in the British Columbia Golf Marketing Association (BCGMA), focused primarily on mid-haul market development in California, as well as Texas and Arizona.
Primary Markets: Greater Vancouver | Alberta | Vancouver Island
Secondary Markets: California | Washington
Tertiary Markets: Other Canada | Other USA | International
Golf Vancouver Island Membership Information
Golf Vancouver Island's mandate is to promote Vancouver Island as a unique golf vacation destination through cooperative marketing initiatives and thereby stimulate overall demand, at both our and each of our Stakeholders' numerous cash registers. 2015 witnessed a very positive trend for the Island and the GVI Board of Directors and Contractors are pleased with the successes of this year's campaigns to date. Please note the following:
- Cooperative marketing efforts of Golf Vancouver Island garnered over 79 million impressions. A massive increase over 2014.
- Media relations efforts have provided for eight published stories in golf and travel focused publications thus far in 2015.
- Golf Vancouver Island's sales centre has seen a 31% increase in revenue YTD, putting us on track for one of our top sales years ever.
- We look forward to announcing many more accomplishments at the AGM on November 18, as well as an honest reflection of any tactical or strategic learning from the past year.
Request 2016 Golf Vancouver Island Membership Information
The Golf Vancouver Island Members Clubhouse is intended to provide a member forum, where your ideas can be shared with the entire membership as well as a communication channel to and from your Board of Directors regarding important information, partnership updates and monthly sales stats.
Do you know who sits on the Board of Directors?
Are you interested in sales or marketing statistics?
Do you have an idea or suggestion to pass along?
By exploring the Clubhouse, you’ll find this information and more. If there is any information missing in the Clubhouse or you have an idea for other things you’d like to see included here, please use the "Ideas? Suggestions?" link to send us a note.
We hope that you will find this section of value and look forward to receiving your feedback.
If you are a current Golf Vancouver Island member, please login below. If you require login credentials, please email email@example.com to request your login details.
Golf Vancouver Island