Golf Vancouver Island (GVI) is the recognized leader of innovative golf destination marketing in the province, complete with a central reservation service for booking golf vacations on the Vancouver Island Golf Trail.
Golf Vancouver Island promotes Vancouver Island as a unique golf vacation destination through cooperative marketing initiatives, garnering an estimated 14.5 million impressions for our partners throughout the 2017 season thus far. GVI has a twenty+ year history, gaining considerable momentum in 2004 with an infusion of marketing resources from the advent of the Golf Trail Card. GVI is a recognized industry leader, receiving Tourism Vancouver Island’s ”Innovator of the Year” award in 2012, “Power of Partners” award in 2009 and “Raising the Bar” and “Multi-faceted Advertising” awards in 2005. Sales through the central reservations office for 2017 are on pace for another top-performing year, with increases noted from all geographic markets. The Board of Directors and Contractors continue to work diligently to maintain a leading edge approach to marketing and capitalize on opportunities.
Direct Benefits for all Golf Vancouver Island Partners include
- Enhanced full page profile on www.golfvancouverisland.ca.
- Advertisement in both the print version of the Vancouver Island Golf Vacations Guide, with an annual distribution of 20,000 copies, as well as an electronic version that has become increasing popular for downloading.
- Inclusion of your facility in packages offered through GVI’s Central Reservations golf vacation one-stop-shop booking service.
- Inclusion of your facility in the website’s online golf vacation planning and quote engine, as well as the option to participate in Stay and Play Getaway specials and Last Minute Golf Club Offers.
- Access to the Members’ Clubhouse section of the website that includes a periodic newsletter, upcoming events, monthly sales statistics, a comment forum and a list of the Board of Directors.
- Rate protection with Golf Vancouver Island’s Best Rate Guarantee. In an effort to respond to the increasingly competitive marketplace, Golf Vancouver Island will guarantee the best possible rate by booking with the Golf Vancouver Island Central Reservations office. Should a better rate be found within seven days of booking with us, let us know and we will match it. (Rate-match guarantee applies to rates for identical rooms, tee times and vehicles at the same hotel, golf courses and rental car companies. Rate-match does not apply to advertorial programs like Groupon.)
- Investment of $250,000 per annum in marketing Vancouver Island as a golf destination, that is leveraged with an additional $50,000 through the Destination BC Cooperative Advertising Program to a total of $300,000.
- Professional representation at Consumer Golf Shows, including: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, as well as San Francisco/Bay Area and Dallas/Fort Worth through the British Columbia Golf Marketing Alliance.
- Print advertising in various golf publications, such as: WestJet Magazine, SCOREGolf Magazine, The Vancouver Sun, The Province, Alberta Golfer, Business in Calgary, Business in Edmonton, The Calgary Herald, The Calgary Sun, The Edmonton Journal, The Edmonton Sun, Times Colonist, Tourism Vancouver Island Vacation Guide, Vancouver Island Map Book, and Tourism Victoria Vacation Guide.
- Online presence through Search Engine Marketing with Google Adwords and Bing, display advertising including Remarketing, Video Advertising (YouTube), online banners/ads/listings on PGATOUR.com, britishcolumbiagolf.org, hellobc.com, tourismvictoria.com, vancouverisland.travel, Premier Golf Centers, as well as social media advertising.
- Television advertising in BC and Alberta.
- Electronic newsletter distribution to 20,000+ subscribers.
- Social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, as well as Golf Vancouver Island’s Blog.
- Editorial and destination features on Golf Vancouver Island through media relations activities including independent visit coordination, press relations and on going media communication.
- Participation in the British Columbia Golf Marketing Association (BCGMA), focused primarily on mid-haul market development in California, as well as Texas and Arizona.
Primary Markets: Greater Vancouver | Alberta
Secondary Markets: California | Vancouver Island
Tertiary Markets: Other Canada | Other USA | Washington | International
Golf Vancouver Island Membership Information
Golf Vancouver Island's mandate is to promote Vancouver Island as a unique golf vacation destination through cooperative marketing initiatives and thereby stimulate overall demand, at both our and each of our Stakeholders' numerous cash registers.
Golf Vancouver Island Membership Information
The Golf Vancouver Island Members Clubhouse is intended to provide a member forum, where your ideas can be shared with the entire membership as well as a communication channel to and from your Board of Directors regarding important information, partnership updates and monthly sales stats.
Do you know who sits on the Board of Directors?
Are you interested in sales or marketing statistics?
Do you have an idea or suggestion to pass along?
By exploring the Clubhouse, you’ll find this information and more.
We hope that you will find this section of value and look forward to receiving your feedback.
If you are a current Golf Vancouver Island member, please login below. If you require login credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your login details.
Golf Vancouver Island