The premise of a group golf trip is fantastic – get your buddies together, book, and go! However, before you get any farther than “let’s do it,” you need to figure out three things: where to play, where to stay, and what to do off the golf course.
To make planning that group golf trip perfectly simple we’ve assembled a few sample itineraries and ideas for your consideration – send them to your group, get them to vote on their favourite, and then most of your work is done!!
Metropolitan: Victoria & Langford
Home to a fantastic range of experiences, culinary tastes, and equally incredible golf courses, the southern portion of the Vancouver Island Golf Trail encompassing Victoria and Langford is an ideal location for a group get-together where you can partake of the following:
- Arrive and Play Highland Pacific Golf
- Grab your private shuttle to your downtown Victoria hotel or stay course-side at the Fairways Hotel at Bear Mountain.
- Chuck some pointy objects at Axe & Grind
- Take a self-guided craft brewery tour around Victoria, including Vancouver Island Brewing, Phillip’s, & Whistle Buoy plus many others on the Victoria Ale Trail – part of the BC Ale Trail
- Breakfast at Floyd’s Diner (try the Mahoney) in Langford
- Play Bear Mountain – Valley Course
- Make the toughest decision – do you stay for another round on the Mountain Course, or opt to head home!
The Great Eight Golf Weekend is an ideal starting point for your group golf trip and offers a special bonus if you book for your group of eight or more or you can browse some top Victoria golf packages or get in touch to create your own.
Lush & Fun Cowichan
If you’re coming into Cowichan from Victoria, stop off at the Malahat Skywalk for some terrific views on your way. Home to over 17,000 hectares of rich farmland, this is the place for fresh food, incredible wine, superb golf and some fantastic activities.
Group golf packages to Cowichan can include golf and wine or just amazing waterfront accommodations and golf.
Endless Beaches & Exploration: Parksville Qualicum Beach
Home to sun, sand, and surf – enjoy the warm welcome, relaxed pace, and superb golf courses here. Explore miles of golden-sand beaches or get on the water, sample just-caught seafood or scenic patios, and stay at resorts with decadent accommodations and exceptional water views. Take your group golf trip as relaxed as you like in this unhurried Vancouver Island community.
The Parksville Beach & Golf Special is a terrific jumping-off point for your Parksville group golf getaway, and don’t forget – you can always customize it to suit your group’s golf, accommodation, and après needs!
Rugged & Adventurous: Courtenay & Campbell River
The region encompassing Courtenay & Campbell River is an adventurer’s paradise – with wild, rugged nature waiting to be explored once you’re done playing your 18 for the day. You might want to stay one more day just to fit in all the activities that catch your golf group’s eye.
This is a golf destination where you can fly in and be golfing in under an hour from landing.
- Fly into Comox Valley Airport and travel the exhausting (we’re kidding) 15 minutes to Crown Isle Resort
- Play your arrival round at Crown Isle Resort
- You can dine at Crown Isle that evening, or if you want to explore the local scene, grab brews and grub at Cumberland Brewing Co.
- Enjoy the view and incredible view of Discovery Harbour with dinner at the Harbour Grill
- It’s an early start today. Grab breakfast at Whistlin’ Waffle in Campbell River
- Time for some Fins (part of your Fins & Skins) with a morning salmon fishing trip
- Following the fishing, head to Campbell River Golf Club, play 18 and then enjoy dinner and amusement at the Velocity Lounge before returning to the hotel
As far as packages to make your group golf trip to Courtenay & Campbell River a breeze, check out the North Island Fins & Skins package or if fishing isn’t your thing and you want more golf check out the Courtenay & Campbell River Golf Weekend.
Of course, our dedicated expert golf travel planners are on hand to answer any questions you have about your group golf trip to Vancouver Island or can put together a custom itinerary to suit your needs.
AND don’t forget to check out our group golf promotion to get some much-needed clubhouse credit for your trip!*
*some conditions apply
April 17, 2023, by: website