Shopping on Vancouver Island
- Mayfair Mall shopping center in Victoria offers over 120 stores. Some of the big name stores include The Bay, Toys ‘R Us and the Gap. A food fair, free parking, scooter rentals and gift wrapping are all available for your convenience. 3147 Douglas St. at Finlayson.
- The Bay Centre boasts a convenient downtown Victoria location providing an easy start your shopping day. With over 100 stores and boutiques, you will be sure to find that perfect gift for the person who has everything. Stores range from novelty to upscale fashions.
- Oak Bay Village is filled with neighbourhood pubs and tea rooms line your route as you stroll through what is considered by many as Victoria’s most British neighborhood. Oak Bay Avenue hosts many shops, boutiques and antique stores.
- Government Street – Shoppers won’t want to miss the fascinating stroll which is the heart of downtown shopping. Stroll past a variety of boutiques and specialty shops while taking in the fabulous turn-of-the-century architecture. Start at the Inner Harbour and make your way down the 8 block stretch and finish at the Gates of Harmonious Interest at the entrance of Chinatown. Stores range from bookstores to chocolate factories, from old to new, and are sure to please even the most discriminating shopper.
- Whippletree Junction Just 7 km south of Duncan, Whippletree Junction is a tourist attraction set within over a dozen restored buildings from the early 1900s, many from the original Chinatown buildings of Duncan. Specialty shops and restaurants include the Wicker Tree, Beaver House Fudge & Next to Nature Trading, Whippletree Antique Mall, Pioneer Restaurant, and more.
- Woodgrove Shopping Centre is arguably the Island’s largest mall and with several big box stores located in the area, you could easily spend the entire day.